Needed: A Very Special Optometrist
The Alderwood Vision Therapy Center is looking for an energetic optometrist to join a phenomenal TEAM that is passionate about helping people through vision therapy. Daily experience the joy of seeing and hearing patients’ stories (of all ages) whose lives are changed through lenses, optometric photo therapy and VT. Be a part of collaborating with fellow optometric colleagues, pediatric ophthalmology, teachers, OTs, SLPs, MDs, ENTs, physiatrists and many other professionals. Be mentored by a caring, enthusiastic optometric team. Be supported by vision therapists and patient care coordinators. Be energized by taking part in helping 350-400 VT patients a week get one on one help with one of our 14 amazing optometric vision therapists and 4 doctors. Absorb and share knowledge in weekly education for the whole office. Be ready to work hard, laugh often, learn and never be bored. See how the AVTC TEAM spurs each other to be our best and model a growth mindset.
Are you up for the challenge and the rewards that come from transforming lives through vision?
Qualified Applicants Must:
• Have a love for patients of all ages and abilities
• Have experience and/or interest with learning challenges, special needs and those on the autism spectrum
• Have experience and/or an interest in acquired brain injury
• Have experience and/or interest in strabismus and amblyopia
• Have expertise in diagnosing and managing ocular disease
• Be devoted to learning
• Enjoy working with an amazing team of thirty individuals including patient care coordinators, vision therapists and optometric physicians
• Have a love of the Pacific Northwest
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday
Please email us the following:
1. Cover letter of introduction and resume 2. List of references we may contact 3. At least 1 professional letter of recommendation 4. What seminars/workshops have you have attended on vision therapy, autism, stroke, brain injury and/or learning disabilities? 5. What literature/articles have you been reading on vision therapy? 6. What is your long term career goals in optometry, vision therapy and living in the Seattle area?
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org